Saturday, February 3, 2007

Big Pimpin' in the Bahamas

Yeah, boi! We are setting sail tomorrow from Nassau FINALLY. It's been awesome being here for the last week. Not much to do but lay on the beach and drink, let's be realistic. After arriving in the Bahamas, I slept 17 hours and found my way down to the pool at my humongous resort. The Madre and I went to Harbous Island and saw Bill Gates' estate! The pink sand beaches were uhmayzing! We managed to find a guy doing horseback rides along the beach for $20! He kept freaking yelling at me and I wanted to give up after like 5 minutes! I hadn't ridden a horse in 4 years but, hey, I was still trotting along on the horse.

On Wednesday, the real fun began! I met people who were playing some beach volleyball at my hotel! We then had a very local dinner at The Fish Fry followed by getting a ride to Joe's Bar. Joe toootallly took care of us and provided um yeah $2 drinks. Such a classic atmosphere. 22 of us piled into a van to get there after meeting up at The Atlantis. Yesss. And then came time to go to Senor Frog's, so turistico I know.

More tanning and lazyness on the beach followed in the next few days. As time went on, the party grew, not that I'm complaining. Got a cab ride back to my hotel with this British guy from London. I guess he was a medical student studying in Nassau for 6 weeks. Most entertaining conversation of the week, hands down!

The next night, I met some peeps at my resort! We made our way to the Frog once again and basically, insanity ensued. There's no way to get away from sketchiness, let's just say that! And I met the one and only Cory from facebook and he is great! Boy, do I love mango daiquiris!

So, in only a few hours, I will embark on a journey of a lifetime. I cannot even handle it-I can't imagine doing any other study abroad program. I know I will remember this for the rest of my life and that I'll blink and it will be over! Well, I'm calling it a night, sayonara for now!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Enjoy Puerto Rico tomorrow, can't wait for an e-mail and/or blog update! :)