Monday, January 8, 2007

AHHH!


Ok. So just a tad nervous now. My SAS trips still aren't posted. I'm worried that this delay might cut into the time I need to plan the indy ones. I mean I know that whatever I do will be AMAZING and it's stupid to stress out about such an awesome trip, but I do anyway. I have an ever-evolving list of a trillion questions for all of my friends who have gone in the past. It seems every time one of them gets answered, I have about 5 new ones! But all of these friends have been absolutely wonderful and have provided me with so much information! I really think that it's because they truly understand that I am about to experience the greatest 100 days of my life. Thank God because I know it will be difficult to articulate this voyage to other people and for them to understand how I feel about it once I get back. I don't think it's actually hit me yet that I'm about to travel the globe and have my mind blown. I would like to work abroad after I graduate from college and I anticipate that this trip is going to make me want to travel even more! I'm grateful that I'm not doing something super-serious right when I get back to the States. I get to see all my old friends from USD, including the best roommate ever, for a few days, jet back to Washington, and then go to work at camp in Virginia with some crazy kats! Never a dull moment in my life, I know! I honestly think my mindset will be completely different when I return. School will still be a priority. I don't think finding 'the perfect job' will mean as much to me as it does now, despite practically everyone around me getting jobs on Wall Street or in DC. Travelling has pretty much been ingrained in my soul since birth, thanks to my parents, and I'm deifinitely about to take it to the next level. I just need to hold on tight for the ride.

No comments: